Why learn 3D?
3D can be just another design tool to get things done. It’s on the rise and you can incorporate 3D illustration into your everyday design workflow. I have prepared a little pinboard so you can see for yourself.
The tricky part is knowing what to learn. Hunting scattered YouTube videos and putting the puzzle pieces together can take a lot of your time. And your time is an asset.
You will learn the essential Blender controls and create your first ever 3D illustration in only one hour. Includes basic geometry modeling, lighting and rendering your image.
Building on the essential skills from first episode, you will learn new modeling tools and some procedural workflow using modifiers. You will also add some effects using texture painting and lighting.
You will switch from the flat shaded low poly style to smooth shaded illustration with vibrant and colorful lighting. You will learn text tools and also expand your knowledge on using Blender's user interface.
You will combine and take knowledge from the previous episodes into next level while adding several new techniques and modifiers to create a professional looking smooth and stylized design.
Polygon Runway Method
With me, you jump right into action and within the first hour, you will have your first 3D illustration rendered! Let me show you the image, that one of the students created. One hour lesson is all it took!
I won’t bore you with lengthy fundamentals sections. You will only learn essential information as you go, and by the end of the course, you will find out that there is no limit on what you can create. At every step, I share my personal workflow tips and every time add a little bit of a secret sauce to the mix :)
You get the most out of your time.
Is it possible, that open-source completely free software can reach the level of industry standard packages? Even if it sounds too good to be true, it’s a reality. Since the release of version 2.8 in 2019, it has a beautiful and intuitive UI, amazing render engines and complete set of tools, that you need for 3D production. Did you know, that Netflix full feature animated movie Next Gen was made completely in Blender?
100% satisfaction guaranteed
The course comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. If you don't like the content, you can simply ask for refund.
- Chapter 1: Introduction, installation and first setup (9:01)
- Chapter2: Basic transform and subdivision (6:34)
- Chapter 3: Extrude and loop select (6:22)
- Chapter 4: Materials and color (5:08)
- Chapter 5: Array modifier (5:41)
- Chapter 6: Inset tool and outline view (8:02)
- Chapter 7: 3D cursor and linked duplicates (6:28)
- Chapter 8: Camera setup and orthographic projection (3:44)
- Chapter 9: Lighting setup (3:52)
- Chapter 10: Rendering and color management (6:39)
- Chapter 11: Final word and next steps (1:22)
- Chapter 1: Introduction (3:33)
- Chapter 2: Modeling a pine tree (21:06)
- Chapter 3: Modeling rocks (15:09)
- Chapter 4: Modeling a dead pine tree (18:39)
- Chapter 5: Modeling terrain (13:55)
- Chapter 6: Adding water with displace modifier (12:55)
- Chapter 7: Creating road (10:04)
- Chapter 8: Scene layout (31:55)
- Chapter 9: Adding materials (12:59)
- Chapter 10: Creating isometric camera with addon (9:02)
- Chapter 11: Lighting (17:50)
- Chapter 12: Texture painting the water puddles (22:17)
- Chapter 13: Rendering and color management (9:34)
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Text Creation (16:52)
- Chapter 2: Text Editing (Optional) (13:42)
- Chapter 3: Background and Pencil Modeling (15:51)
- Chapter 4: Marker Pen Modeling (12:13)
- Chapter 5: Brush Modeling (16:11)
- Chapter 6: Spray Can Modeling (22:21)
- Chapter 7: Creating Paint Puddles (11:00)
- Chapter 8: Materials and Colors (15:18)
- Chapter 9: Lighting (20:06)
- Chapter 10: Rendering (15:55)
Senior UX/UI Designer, Unity
"I can confidently say that the course helped me get into 3D faster than any other platform out there. Roman breaks down Blender into digestible chunks that are practical and I was able to apply those techniques into my daily design workflow. I highly recommend for anyone."
Principal Design Manager, Microsoft
"I've struggled with Blender in the past and have tried to follow along various YouTube channels, but Roman's approach and teaching style made it effortless to pick up Blender and render fantastic scenes. I would highly recommend anyone who's thinking about learning Blender, to take this course."
Product Designer, Twitter
"Definitely take this course if you’d like to level up your 3D skills! You get better and better with each lesson."
Visual Design Lead, Riot Games
"I took this course as a break from my day to day work of designing interfaces. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it and I look forward to finding some ways to weave Blender into my daily work. Roman does an incredible job of keeping things clear and concise. This is easily one of the best courses for a design tool that I've ever taken."
Director of R&D, TED
"Where many courses bring a generalized tone to their audiences, Roman makes you feel like he's your personal tutor. The content and intentional progression is well structured, and I love that the course isn't over-produced. The authentic feel of each lesson makes the course distinct, personal, and impactful."
Product Designer, Facebook
"Roman's instructions are always detailed and clear. Even if you don't have any background with 3D software, you will quickly be able to get started and develop advanced skills on Blender. All his lessons have very thoughtful examples and once you start practicing, it becomes really easy to create your own things."
Developer and Designer, Epycure
"I've completed my very first composition, and it's both a pride and a relief. Before, I just couldn't find the tools that would unlock my creative mind. Thanks to this course, I now feel I have an infinity to explore, where before I saw only obstacles. Low poly is fantastic, and Roman's teaching is perfect for me."
Designer and 3D illustrator with a strong passion for learning, creating, & sharing the journey with others. My mission is to inspire and lead designers to unlock their creative potential with 3D illustration by teaching on Polygon Runway channels with an audience of more than 500 000 designers and design enthusiasts.
For 15+ years, I have worked as an interactive and digital product designer in advertising, media and e-commerce. I was always in love with 3D graphics and as soon as I could, I started incorporating it in my designer workflow.
I serve global brands like Google, Nvidia and Waze and help them deliver unique 3D solutions and illustrations.